The minimum wage in Ohio has been raised in 2018. Ohio non-tipped employees must now be paid no less than $8.30 per hour (not including overtime). In order to comply with Ohio law, employers must pay Ohio employees at least an amount equal to Ohio’s minimum wage for all hours worked. If you are a non-tipped employee who is not receiving at least minimum wage of $8.30 per hour, you should contact our office to speak with our Ohio minimum wage attorneys today
In addition to raising the minimum wage for non-tipped employees, Ohio also raised the minimum wage for tipped employees in 2018. Ohio’s minimum wage for tipped employees is now $4.15 per hour. Tipped employees are those employees who customarily and regularly receive more than $30.00 in tips. If you are a tipped employee who is not receiving at least the minimum wage of $4.15 per hour, you should contact our office to speak with our Ohio tipped wages attorneys today. In addition to the minimum wage requirement, there are a myriad of issues that can come up with the manner in which employers compensate tipped employees.
In addition to the minimum wage requirement, many other wage and hour issues still persist today, including:
- misclassifying employees as independent contractors
- automatic meal break deductions or other break deductions
- improper deductions from wages
- improper calculation of the proper overtime rates
- bonuses or shift differentials not included in overtime rate calculations
- off-the-clock work
- failure to provide a proper tip credit notice to tipped employees
- failure to pay employees for travel, meetings, off-site work, or training
- compensatory or “comp time”
- paying employees straight time (their normal hourly rate) instead of 1.5 times their regular rate of pay
You deserve to be properly compensated for your labor. We fight aggressively for clients to ensure they receive what they are due. Contact our Ohio wage and hour today if you are not being paid at least minimum wage or any of the above issues apply. We represent employees in all different types of litigation related to their unpaid wages and unpaid overtime. Call us at 1-614-949-1181 for a FREE consultation.
There is more information on Ohio’s increased minimum wage here.