Both federal and Ohio law require that you be paid at minimum rates of pay for all hours worked and overtime premium when working over 40 hours in a given workweek. We often find that our clients are on the wrong end of working without being fully compensated for their labor. They are not paid for all of their hours worked or they are not fully compensated at the proper pay rate.
For these reasons, our Columbus wage and hour lawyers provide diligent, aggressive representation to recover any unpaid wages, including overtime, that you have earned. At Coffman Legal, our Columbus employment attorneys have extensive experience handling the full range of wage and hour claims. We fight tirelessly to protect the labor rights of our clients. If you have questions about a wage and hour issue or about any other employment-related matters, please do not hesitate to contact our Columbus law office for a free consultation.
Employment Issues We Handle in Central Ohio
Our Columbus wage and hour attorneys are here to assist you with any issues related to your compensation. Our law firm has represented many employees within Central Ohio who have been unfairly underpaid or denied compensation owed to them. Some of the most common issues observed by our Columbus wage and hour lawyers include:
- Proper Payment of Overtime Compensation: Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), certain employees are entitled to overtime pay. Unfortunately, in far too many cases, eligible workers are improperly denied the overtime compensation that they earned by putting in long and hard hours on the job. If you were not paid overtime or were paid less overtime compensation than you deserve, our top-rated Columbus overtime attorneys are here to help.
- Minimum Wages: All workers in Ohio are owed a minimum wage. Employers cannot legally pay employees sub-minimum wage. If you were paid less than the minimum amount mandated by state law for your position, you should contact our minimum wage attorneys in Columbus, OH right away.
- Unpaid Wages: State and federal regulations require employers to pay workers their full wages and in a timely manner. Unreasonable delay is not acceptable. If you were not paid your full wages or if your paycheck has been delayed, it is essential that you take immediate action to protect your rights. Our Columbus employment lawyers will help you seek financial compensation for your unpaid wages.
- Tipped Employee Issues: Unfortunately, tipped employees are sometimes paid less than they are owed. Our skilled Columbus employment lawyers have considerable experience representing workers in tipped wage claims. If you are a tipped worker in Central Ohio and believe that you were unlawfully underpaid, we will review your case for free and help you take legal action.
- Prevailing Wages: Our Columbus prevailing wages attorneys represents workers who were improperly paid less than the prevailing wage for their position. Prevailing wage claims can be complicated legal cases. If your employment rights were violated, our law firm offers professional support.
Each of these areas is more fully described on the separate pages which you may find by clicking above. In the event you have not been properly compensated, you may be entitled to recover unpaid wages for two or three years, with an additional amount as a penalty, plus attorney’s fees and costs. Your potential recovery will depend upon the violations by your employer and statutes implicated, so it is important to speak with our wage and hour lawyers about your unpaid wages or unpaid overtime.
Ohio Employment Law Claims
We are a full-service labor and employment firm. Our lead employment attorney Matthew J.P. Coffman has in-depth experience handling the full range of employment law claims. A non-exhaustive list of employment law cases that extend beyond wage and hour cases include:
- Employment discrimination;
- Sexual harassment;
- Unlawful retaliation;
- Hostile work environment claims;
- Wrongful termination cases; and
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) cases.
If you believe that your employment law rights were violated for any reason, we are here to review your case and help you understand the legal options that are available. You need to take action. Speak to our Columbus employment attorneys today.
Contact Our Columbus Employment Attorneys For A Free Consultation
At Coffman Legal, our Ohio employment law attorneys have strong experience handling the full range of wage and hour claims. If you have any questions about unpaid wages or unpaid overtime, or if you have any other employment law issues, please contact our law firm at 614-949-1181 for a free consultation today.
We look forward to the opportunity to discuss your legal with you, advise you of your rights, and pursue recovery of your unpaid wages or unpaid overtime to the extent permitted under the applicable laws. With an office in the heart of Columbus, we represent employees throughout Central Ohio.