Cincinnati Employment Law Attorney
Both federal and state laws require that employees be paid at their minimum pay rates for all hours worked and should receive overtime when working beyond 40 hours in a standard workweek. However, it seems that many employers are accidentally or knowingly violating these laws, and employees are working without the full compensation they are entitled to. Employees may be not paid for all the hours they work or are not receiving the proper compensation rate. When this happens, you need to speak with a Cincinnati employment law attorney right away.
At Coffman Legal, we can assist with a wide variety of employment law matters, including:
Our Cincinnati employment law attorneys are here to provide professional and aggressive representation when necessary to recover any unpaid overtime, wages, or other income. We have extensive experience handling a wide range of employment law issues. We are committed to protecting the labor rights of our clients. If you have questions about wage claims or other employment law matters, contact our Cincinnati office to schedule a consultation.
Types of Cincinnati Employment Issues We Handle
Our Cincinnati attorneys are here to help with any wage and hour issues you are having at work. We have represented numerous employees in Ohio who are victims of wage and overtime theft. Common issues we deal with in Cincinnati include:
- Not Paying Overtime: Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), some employees are entitled to overtime. When employers fail to pay or improperly deny, you may need to hire a Cincinnati overtime attorney to help you recover the compensation you are owed.
- Unpaid Wages: Both federal and state regulations require that employers pay your full wages promptly. Employers cannot withhold wages.
- Minimum Wages: Everyone working in Ohio is owed a minimum wage. Employers do not have the legal right to pay someone under the minimum wage amount.
- Prevailing Wages: This is when someone is paid less than the prevailing wage for their position. They can become complicated legal matters quickly. You definitely need a Cincinnati prevailing wage attorney who can represent you.
- Tipped Employee Issues: Employees who are tipped wage earners sometimes end up being paid less than entitled.
You can find out more about each of these legal issues on their corresponding page on our website. If you believe you are the victim of one of these violations, it’s essential to speak with an attorney right away. You only have a limited amount of time to bring a claim for your unpaid wages. If you are entitled to recover, you could receive your unpaid wages, an additional amount as a penalty against your employer, and reimbursement of your attorney’s fees and legal costs. Potential recovery will depend on what types of violations and how egregious the offense is.
Contact Our Cincinnati Employment Law Attorneys Today
If you have questions about unpaid wage or overtime claims, or any other employment law matters, let our experienced legal team help. Contact Coffman Legal today to schedule an initial consultation. Let us put our skills and experience to work for you.